Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Second Year at Write on the Sound (WOTS)

Hello world!

I realized how long I've been blogging today when I recolled last year's posts from about this time of year. How fast the year passed! Amazing how much has changed in that time -- and how much remains the same. 

For instance, I'm attending the Write on the Sound Conference (WOTS) in Edmonds, Washington for the second year in a row. But unlike last year, this year I entered both the non-fiction and fiction contests. (Non-fiction is a new genre for me.) Last year I took a Friday intensive course where writers critiqued one another's writing. This year I took a workshop on the armature of writing story, a practical class with a whole new set of lessons (Wow!) Last year, I drove. This year, I'm depending on rides from my husband (not sure what that says about me, except that my muffler fell off my car.)

All in all, however, I am excited at the thought of all the workshops I will attend in the next two days. I can't wait to share the fascinating and helpful things I learn. Stay tuned -- if there is one thing similar about these two years, it is that I will be absorbing like a sponge. (Insert sucking sound here.)

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment