Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beginnings

Welcome, world. I am Sharman -- a writer.

I always thought I would write a book. My first serious attempt was in elementary school. That story developed, over several months, to about 10 pages -- a great length, it seemed -- before I set it aside, overwhelmed at the amount remaining to be told.

The last week of May, 2009, I decided my goal would become reality. With the gift of a netbook, that I carried everywhere, I spent June through early October writing a first draft. Rough though it was, I shared it with three members of my family this winter. My infant novel exists!

This month, March of 2010, I've started my (first) rewrite. I'm excited, pleased that I have written over 550 pages for the first time in my life, and open to whatever improves the story.

My reasons for this blog are (in no particular order) to. . .
  1. document my journey,
  2. inspire others,
  3. learn from creative people,
  4. keep myself accountable, and . . .
  5. find an audience for when I finally publish my novel. (I will not say "if!")
I hope you'll join me on this exciting journey. Welcome, world!

5 comments:

  1. The journey of writing is always an amazing one. I wish you well with whatever and wherever your project takes you, and will look forward to learning more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sher,

    You can do it and do it well! I have all the confidence in the world that it will be a wonderful first book.

    Love from Skipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so exciting! And I am privileged to say that I've read the rough draft, and am personally acquainted with the soon-to-be-famous author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more about your journey in creating your first novel, and I look forward to reading it when it's done!

    Love,
    Smash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharman -- Wow! Good going with a first novel within a year. And with your re-write. You'll do well. Know you're in my prayers for prayers and support.

    ReplyDelete